1. It’s a good thing I don’t live close to Ikea, else I’d be there at least once a week. It’s one of those stores I think I could live in for a little while, eat $2 meals in the cafeteria and every night pick a different living area to sleep in. That’s not creepy at all, by the way. I practiced great restraint on Sunday. We only ate one meal, and made it through the maze in two hours. I walked out with only picture frames. Because I really needed some more frames. NOT! What I need is to get serious about the stack of prints and frames already sitting in the studio awaiting attention.
2. My nephews are adorable. It bares repeating! Also, Micah calls me “Aunt Zacky” which is just darling. After hearing it for three days, Jon picked it up and this morning he woke me up screaming “Za-ckyyyy!” from his room. Wish I had a video camera on me. These moments are priceless. Last year after learning our names, Jackson called us “Caleb” and “Jackie” for a week and I never did capture it on film.
3. When I got back from Atlanta I had bananas about three days away from rotting. I had no choice but to find a bread recipe. The boys were obliged to help me make it. Then we were obligated to eat the entire loaf in one sitting. I added 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the dough, just because. Best decision I made all week. Amen.
4. This is a picture I planned to discard, but Jackson happened to be sitting here observing and insisted we open it in photoshop and edit it. This he did with minimal help from me. No joke. Then he said “Mommy, please spell my name on it.. right here. And then we’ll put it on the internet.” Yeah. Don’t be surprised if he starts his own blog soon. Stay tuned.
5. R&R is 60 days away. I know because I counted the days this morning, and the morning before that, and the one before that, and onward, etc. Caleb will be stateside for 15 days before he goes back to finish the tour. I can honestly say I haven’t been this excited about the letter R ever. August, we shall be best buds if you will arrive post haste.