things I didn’t know I would miss
1. Folding a ton of laundry. The additional clothes smell like a man. Is it strange that I notice this?
2. Caleb closes the refrigerator with his foot. Often. And in a truly talented fashion. It’s a habit I find captivating and one I hope he doesn’t teach to our children.
3. Also, he paces across the floor when he eats. Or if he’s sitting, his leg bounces. It’s cute…? Or slightly disturbing. Jury’s still out on this one.
4. I can get a hug out of him anytime, any place just by looking at him a certain way. I have tested this mercilessly.
5. He has a song lyric for all situations. Example:
Me: “Where’d the spider go?”
Caleb: “It’s gone… Gone like a freight train. Gone like yesterday. Gone like a soldier in the Civil War. Bang Bang.”
Me: “Okay then.”
6. He makes fun of me endlessly. Example:
(while rearranging the living room)
Caleb: “What’s the matter?”
Me: “I don’t know! This cord is like emaciated or something.”
Caleb: “I don’t know what that means but it’s going on Facebook.”
Caleb: “If the desk is too high, we can saw an inch or so off the legs.”
Me: “Should we do that before we put stuff on it?”
Caleb: … “Let’s think about that for a second, shall we?”
7. I have laughed more the last three weeks than I did all year.
photo by Philip